At Proctor Brant, we provide high quality representation to businesses and individuals in construction defect, commercial, personal injury, property, and professional liability/licensure matters that may be covered by insurance. We are often retained by insurance companies to represent their policyholders in lawsuits or professional licensure matters for which a defense is owed under an insurance policy. Additionally, we collaborate with our clients and their insurance companies to minimize potential financial exposure and resolve claims through litigation, trial or alternative dispute resolution.
We also consult with and represent insurance companies on issues involving insurance coverage, “bad faith” claim-handling allegations, and the investigation and litigation of unjustified or questionable insurance claims.
- Obtained a defense-favorable jury verdict on behalf of a client who caused an automobile accident, limiting plaintiff’s damages award to 5% of the amount sought (over $900,000) and recovering defense costs.
- Obtained a defense-favorable jury verdict on behalf of a client who caused an automobile accident, limiting plaintiff’s damages award to 1% of the amount sought (approximately $500,000) and recovering defense costs.
- Secured a full defense jury verdict and award of costs on behalf of a client who caused a motor vehicle collision. The plaintiffs sought over $200,000 in damages, but the jury determined the plaintiffs did not have any injuries caused by the accident.
- Obtained a dismissal in favor of our client, a defendant who caused an automobile accident, as a sanction for the plaintiffs’ litigation misconduct. The plaintiffs were also ordered to pay our client’s litigation costs.
- Lead trial and appellate counsel for successful representation of defendants in numerous personal injury cases.
- Members of many trial teams that successfully defended insurers against first-party bad faith claims.
- Successfully represented a licensed social worker client in response to a Board complaint, which was then dismissed without any formal disciplinary proceedings.
- Represented a dentist in Board proceedings to satisfactory resolution.
- Members of a legal team representing a law firm in multi-jurisdictional professional liability litigation.