Proctor Brant represents insurance companies, businesses, and individuals in insurance defense matters
Proctor Brant specializes in defending clients in commercial, personal injury, construction defect, property and professional liability/licensure matters.
Proctor Brant provides high quality representation to businesses and individuals in commercial, personal injury, property, professional liability/licensure and construction defect matters that may be covered by insurance. We are often retained by insurance companies to represent their policyholders in lawsuits or professional licensure matters for which a defense is owed under an insurance policy. Additionally, we collaborate with our clients and their insurance companies to minimize potential financial exposure and resolve claims through litigation, trial or alternative dispute resolution.
We also consult with and represent insurance companies on issues involving insurance coverage, “bad faith” claim-handling allegations, and the investigation and litigation of unjustified or questionable insurance claims.
- Obtained a defense-favorable jury verdict on behalf of a client who caused an automobile accident, limiting plaintiff’s damages award to 5% of the amount sought (over $900,000) and recovering defense costs.
- Obtained a defense-favorable jury verdict on behalf of a client who caused an automobile accident, limiting plaintiff’s damages award to 1% of the amount sought (approximately $500,000) and recovering defense costs.
- Secured a full defense jury verdict and award of costs on behalf of a client who caused a motor vehicle collision. The plaintiffs sought over $200,000 in damages, but the jury determined the plaintiffs did not have any injuries caused by the accident.
- Obtained a dismissal in favor of our client, a defendant who caused an automobile accident, as a sanction for the plaintiffs’ litigation misconduct. The plaintiffs were also ordered to pay our client’s litigation costs.
- Lead trial and appellate counsel for successful representation of defendants in numerous personal injury cases.
- Members of many trial teams that successfully defended insurers against first-party bad faith claims.
- Successfully represented a licensed social worker client in response to a Board complaint, which was then dismissed without any formal disciplinary proceedings.
- Represented a dentist in Board proceedings to satisfactory resolution.
- Members of a legal team representing a law firm in multi-jurisdictional professional liability litigation.
- Obtained dismissal of personal injury claim after confrontation of the plaintiff with multiple misrepresentations and fraudulent claims at deposition.
- Tried the first case following COVID-shutdowns within the jurisdiction and obtained defense verdict in personal injury case.
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial of personal injury claim where the plaintiff sought $600,000 in closing argument and obtained award of defense costs.
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial of personal injury claim by working with accident-reconstruction expert to convince the jury the plaintiff lied about the facts of loss and injuries.
- Settled personal injury claim for less than 10% of prelitigation demand after work up of case and discovery of prior injuries and pre-existing conditions.