Proctor Brant business litigation lawyers represent companies involved in or considering civil litigation
We evaluate the potential risks and benefits of litigation and give businesses practical strategies to achieve their desired results and often avoid litigation.
Proctor Brant is passionate about helping entrepreneurs and businesses navigate the complexities of the legal world with minimal disruption to their businesses and lives. We help our clients avoid litigation whenever possible, but sometimes it is either unavoidable or the best available option. We are trial-tested and have the experience and resolve to go the distance.
Proctor Brant helps companies and business owners with a variety of legal issues from contract disputes, business break-ups and debt recovery.
- Contract and insurance disputes
- Business breakups
- Business-to-Business disputes
- Personal injury defense
- Professional liability defense
- Real estate litigation
- Debt recovery – recovering unpaid loans, invoices, and judgments
- Other business legal issues
As business owners ourselves, we understand the stakes can be high and the success of our clients’ businesses may be at risk during litigation. Most of our clients have little to no experience with civil lawsuits, and litigation can be both all-consuming and anxiety-inducing. By entrusting their legal matters to us, our clients can avoid becoming overwhelmed by the day-to-day work of a lawsuit and can instead devote their time and energy to running their businesses.
We also help our clients navigate the decision-making process and prepare them for imminent transitions in their business relationships. We collaborate with clients to evaluate the potential risks and benefits of litigation and develop practical strategies to achieve their desired results before diving headlong into a lawsuit.
- Obtained defense verdict in favor of small business in court trial relating to alleged breach of contract and obtained award of defense costs.
- Assisted small business in revising contracts and invoices to optimize collection of accounts payable.
- Represented small business owners in pursuing former business owner for breach of non-compete agreements after purchase of a business and achieved favorable settlement.