Proctor Brant represents homebuilders and construction contractors in litigation
Our construction litigation practice includes handling defective construction claims, breach of contract, collecting unpaid balances, and defending mechanics’ liens.
Proctor Brant’s experienced trial attorneys represent homebuilders and construction contractors in litigation alleging defective construction and breach of contract. We also assist homebuilders and construction contractors in resolving payment issues, including collecting unpaid balances, and defending mechanics’ liens.
- Resolved a construction defect lawsuit that arose from work our client, a roofing contractor, did on a multi-million-dollar custom ski resort home. In addition to resolution of the improper construction claims, we resolved indemnification and contribution claims brought by the general contractor.
- Resolved a complex construction defect lawsuit in which our client, the primary subcontractor defendant, faced claims of improper billing and defective construction.
- Resolved a lawsuit against our client, an excavating contractor, who was alleged to have caused damage to underground gas facilities and digging without proper notice to the notification association.
- Resolved a lawsuit against our client, a paving contractor, who was accused of defective construction of a parking lot.
- Successful defense of clients against mechanics’ liens placed on residential and commercial property.